I use the Nokia Digital Pen to doodle, take notes, and sometimes make something to post. One problem is that the pen saves images in “.gif” format and not the “.jpg” that Lifeblog is looking for. So, I trawled the net for an app that would help out. Would you believe that there are no imaging apps that do the conversion? I guess it’s not a major use case here.
Well, the funny thing is that I found an app buried in Forum Nokia. The app is part of a tutorial on graphics formats, so it’s really just a programming example (hence the generic icon). But, hey, it serves the purpose here.
Here is the file: ImageConverter.SIS (don't know if I'm allowed to distribute this, though)
How to get your digital pen drawings into Lifeblog on the phone:
0) Transfer the drawing to your phone and save it where you can find it. Remember the file name!
1) Open the Image converter app
2) Find the file to be converted: Options->Open then browse to find the file.
3) To convert it: Options->Save As. This opens a list of formats to save to. Select JPEG. Press OK!
4) Select where you want to save it to.
5) Give it a name and end the name with ".jpg". You need the extension for Lifeblog to pick it up.
6) Once you've saves the JPEG with the extension, Lifeblog will automatically pick it up. Hooray!
Now, wouldn't it be easier if Lifeblog just supported GIFs? I've been asking for almost a year now. Guess I haven’t convinced them yet.